teach-yourself-french-languageHave you ever wanted to find out something, but weren’t sure where to start? Maybe you would like to find out a language, programming, or business. Maybe you would like the arrogance to tackle supposedly “hard” subjects like math, finance, or physics. Today I’m getting to show you ways.

        I’m getting to describe the method I’ve wont to condense tons of learning into a brief period of your time.

The Steps in 2-Minutes

If you’re short on reading time, I’ll summarize the steps for you:

Take your learning goal, and craft it into a compelling, obsession-worthy mission.

Find material to find out from, structure it into a versatile curriculum.

Define feedback mechanisms to constantly direct your future learning efforts and ensure high.

Step One: Craft an Obsession

         Almost anything is often achieved with proper motivation. The motivation you bring back a project forms the inspiration for all of your efforts. If that foundation is unstable, you don’t have an opportunity at success albeit you employ all the “correct” learning techniques.

        My approach has been to settle on short-term obsessive missions for learning new things. The word obsession usually features a negative connotation, being paired with “dangerous” or “unhealthy”. But obsession also can be a positive force. By structuring your project around a compelling mission, you focus your enthusiasm for the topic (or the rewards it can usher in your life) onto one target.

Step Two: Build a versatile Curriculum

       The next step is to collect material. the matter is never that there isn’t any material available, but that the fabric is often hard to seek out or that good material are often drowning in irrelevant or lousy content.

       I’ve found it important to settle on material from a wider net than others may cast. this manner you'll shift between resources to satisfy your goals.

Step Three: Define Feedback Mechanisms

        Feedback is important to learning. the primary reason is that it helps you guide your progress. If you’re failing practice problems or can’t code an easy program, you recognize you would like to regulate your learning methods.

       The second reason is that brooding about feedback mechanisms tends to market efficient learning methods. One feedback tool you would possibly use is practice problems, which have demonstrated effectiveness in increasing long-term retention.

Step Four: Enforce a Schedule

       Many self-learners can successfully reach now in their project, but fail on subsequent one: actually doing all the work. It’s one thing to inform yourself you’re getting to study biology or history.

How to Find Motivation and keep studying


Step Five: Long-Term Retention

This final step is an optional one. for several learning projects, I pursue this step informally because I do know my lifestyle and goals will allow me to circle back to the knowledge I acquired previously at some point.

For those that are worried that such an off-the-cuff approach may cause losing tons of the knowledge acquired, taking additional steps are often useful. Adding a technique for long-term practice and retention can confirm that you simply don’t forget things years later.

The Benefits of Learning Well

Self-education can appear to be a luxury sometimes. Or it can appear as if an exercise in intellectual wastefulness—something that doesn’t materially improve your life. I’ve found the other is true: learning more gives you a huge advantage in almost any area of life you select to use it toward.



Mudassar Sharif

Owner of the Blog

MdS Blogs Issue 

Town, Lahore, Pakistan

P: +92 (308) 8566 542 

E: mudassarsharif.rvn@gmail.com